From high above the Greenland Icecap in a DeHavilland DASH-7 to an exclusive snorkeling adventure in the protected waters of Italy’s Bay of Ieranto, Crystal Cruises continues to raise the bar on active and engaging shoreside adventure. This summer, the award-winning luxury cruise line debuts more than 100 new Crystal Adventures in Europe. Effective February 15, all of the 679 shore excursions, each with its own unique focus on active, cultural and culinary enrichment, will be posted online for preview and booking.
From April 7 through November 9, 2007, the ultra-luxurious Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity will offer 29 destination-rich itineraries ranging from seven to 14 days. With overnight stays in 15 of the world’s grandest ports of call, sophisticated travelers enjoy the luxury of choice among itineraries, destinations and activity ashore.
“The tour choices in each destination are staggering – whether one is seeking cultural enrichment or more active pursuits,” says John Stoll, Crystal Cruises’ director, land programs. “What’s more, given the dollar’s weak standing against the Euro, savvy travelers will appreciate the exceptional value of a Crystal cruise, as everything – including shore tours – is offered in US dollars. Our unique combination of choice, quality, service and value is particularly compelling this year.”
All shore tours can be researched, priced and pre-reserved online prior to departure. New tour highlights include:
- An overnight journey to Berlin aboard the ICE (InterCityExpress) train (from Hamburg).
- A visit to the new Porsche Factory Leipzig for a Cayenne test drive on the factory’s race track (from Warnemünde).
- MiG fighter jet flight over Moscow extended to a two-night overland adventure (from St. Petersburg).
- A speedboat adventure in the Baltic Sea (from Helsinki).
- A chartered plane to Dresden (from Warnemünde).
- Bicycling excursions in Amsterdam, Hamburg, Funchal and the South of France.
- A nine-mile trek through St. Emilion’s finest vineyards and estates in Bordeaux.
- An exclusive wine tasting and dinner at the 18th century Chateau Kirwan (from Bordeaux).
- An exclusive cooking lesson in Sorrento.
Crystal’s European cruises depart from Athens, Greece; Copenhagen, Denmark; Istanbul, Turkey; London, England; Monte Carlo, Monaco; Rome, Italy; Stockholm, Sweden; Toulon, France; and, Venice, Italy, with pre- and post-cruise hotel stays available in all cities except Toulon.
The Crystal Difference
Crystal Cruises enjoys an unparalleled reputation for excellence, grounded in 11 consecutive years of “World’s Best Large-Ship Cruise Line” awards by the readers of Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler magazines – the only cruise line, resort or hotel to have achieved such distinction.