Saga has scooped the British Travel Award title for the Best Specialist Small Ship Cruise Line. Saga Cruises left other companies in the shadows because with Saga everything is taken care – from the minute guests leave their front door.
The Saga cruise price includes a myriad of extras that often come at an additional price on other cruise lines, so it’s no wonder 98% of Saga passengers describe their cruise as ‘good’ or ‘excellent’.
Elegant 700-passenger Saga Sapphire and 400-passenger Saga Pearl II are small, friendly and intimate ships yet boast spacious and comfortable lounges, bars and dining areas. The ships also get into the heart of destinations that many other ships cannot reach, including Venice.
Here’s 20 reasons to demonstrate that, while Saga ships may be small, they are big on value and why 75% of customers choose to sail with us time and time again:
- Door-to-door chauffeur service to the port and return, up to 250 miles each way
- Free shuttle bus from the ship’s port to the nearest town, if the distance is more than 500 yards
- Travel insurance and additional cancellation cover
- 24-hour room service
- Ratio of two crew to three passengers
- All onboard gratuities included
- Free wifi
- Free fitness classes and use of fully equipped gym
- Daily classes, quizzes and activities
- Free sauna and solarium
- Inside and outside pools
- Porterage of luggage
- Full evening entertainment programme including guest musicians and comedians
- Free lectures by A-list authors, historians, celebrity gardeners & wildlife experts
- Bridge visits to meet the captain, plus captain’s welcome cocktail party
- Themed cruises – including food, wine, music, literary, arts, gardens, architecture & history
- Fine dining – choose from buffet or waiter service, plus barbecues when weather permits
- Full afternoon tea each day
- Thermos-cooled water in each cabin and bottled water on all shore excursions
- 24-hour quality tea and freshly ground-bean coffee