THIS COMPETITION HAS NOW CLOSED
All aboard for a two-night party travelling from Southampton to Bruges, the chocolate capital of Belgium. There’s a balcony cabin for two people on the brand new Britannia up for grabs in our latest competition, courtesy of Planet Cruise. The winners will get full-board accommodation and, as a special treat, a complimentary dinner in the ship’s Sindhu restaurant. Its Asian menus have been created by Michelin starred chef Atul Kochhar, of Mayfair’s Benares.
And there need be no complaints about not having anything to wear because Planet will add a £100 Love 2 Shop voucher for the winner.
Britannia, launched by the Queen in March, is the biggest ship built for the UK cruise market, and carries 3,700 passengers and 1,400 crew. There’s no mistaking its Britishness – there’s a 300-foot Union Jack painted on its bow.
Food and entertainment are geared to British tastes as well, with help from P&O’s Food Heroes, who include Marco Pierre White, James Martin, and TV wine expert Olly Smith. Patissier Eric Lanlard adds a little French flair, and cheese man Charlie Turnbull weighs in with some pungent flavours of his own.
The destination on this short cruise is known for much more than being the star of an entertaining – if somewhat salty – film about a gangster on the run. The medieval city, once at a crossroads in the Hanseatic League of city traders, contains some well-preserved medieval buildings, many of which can be seen from a picturesque canal boat ride. It’s also overflowing with chocolate shops, restaurants selling moules frites (mussels and chips), and bars serving many varieties of Belgian beer. The two-night cruise is next Easter weekend, and leaves Southampton on Good Friday, March 25.
Planet Cruise is one of the UK’s biggest specialist travel agencies. It’s dedicated team of experts has outstanding knowledge of every aspect of cruise travel, and the company has an outstanding record of customer service. Its dedicated Cruise Concierge team can offer invaluable pre-departure advice and arrange door-to-door transfers, parking, and excursions. The company also sources a selection of cruises for single passengers, in some cases with no supplement. Customers can book securely, knowing their money is ABTA and Atol-protected.
Planet also runs a live TV show offering expert advice and fantastic cruise deals, with the irrepressible Keith Maynard, Shaun Ryan and Justin Hazell. Keith has worked as a cruise director for Thomson Cruises and Cunard Line, and Justin was on P&O Cruises’ entertainments team for seven years – these guys know what they’re talking about.
How To Enter
Just answer this simple question:
Which member of the Royal Family named Britannia at the christening ceremony in March?
You can mail your answers, together with your name and address to PlanetCompetition@worldofcruisingmagazine.com or post your entry to Planet Cruise Contest, FreePost Plus, RTHB-XTHS-KBUT, World of Cruising, St Marks Studios, 14 Chillingworth Road, Islington, London N7 8QJ
All entries must be received by 31 January 2016. The winner will be chosen at random and will be contacted by 5 February.
Terms & Conditions
- To enter a competition you must be: (a) UK resident; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
- Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Planet Cruise or any subsidiary of Planet Cruise or of World of Cruising.
- Any personal information that you provide to World of Cruising will be treated in accordance with current UK Data Protection legislation, and will not be disclosed to a third party without your consent.
- No purchase necessary.
- The winner will be chosen completely at random.
- The last day for competition entries is 5th February 2016
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Planet Cruise and World of Cruising may require.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- World of Cruising reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. World of Cruising may also create rules which will apply to a specific competition only. If we do this we will publish the amended competition rules and/or specific competition rules on the relevant competition page.
- The judge’s decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.