YOU could be taking a cruise to the Canaries next spring courtesy of World of Cruising and Saga Cruises.
The prize in this fantastic competition is an outside cabin for two – worth £5,768 – on Saga Sapphire’s 13-night cruise departing from Southampton on March 15, 2018.
Included in the prize cruise are return chauffeur travel between home and the port (or free car parking), a choice of wines at lunch and dinner, all gratuities on board, and complimentary WiFi.
The lucky winners will be pampered at every turn by their considerate cabin attendant, the thoughtful waiters at the ship’s bars and restaurants, and by entertainment staff for whom nothing is too much trouble.
The prize cruise departs from Southampton on March 15, 2018 and makes its first call at Ferrol, on Spain’s north-west coast, handy for excursions to the holy city and pilgrimage destination of Santiago de Compostela. On March 20, Saga Sapphire reaches her first port of call in the Canaries – Lanzarote, which has been declared a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
The following day sees passengers stepping ashore at Las Palmas, capital of Gran Canaria, and possibly taking a hike to the Banda ma Crater or a bicycle ride through the city. Santa Cruz, Tenerife, comes next, and there’s a choice of shore excursions that include the rarefied atmosphere Mount Teide or the excitement of whale-watching from a catamaran.
The ancient and modern buildings of Santa Cruz, La Palma, lie waiting for passengers to visit them the next day, and then comes the cruise’s final island, Madeira. Visitors will be impressed by the lush gardens, and can take a thrill-ride by wicker toboggan through Funchal’s steep streets. Saga Sapphire returns to Southampton on March 28.
To be in with a chance of winning this superb prize, you must answer this simple question:
In which ocean will you find the Canary Islands?
Terms & Conditions
- To enter this competition, you must be: (a) UK resident; and (b) 50 years old or over at the time of the voyage departing 15th March, 2018.
- Only one entry per individual will be counted.
- The prize is for two people sharing a standard outside cabin on the 13 night Canary Island Adventure cruise departing on March 15, 2018 aboard Saga Sapphire.
- Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Saga plc or any subsidiary of Saga plc, or of World of Cruising and Luxury Travel Ltd and its subsidiary companies
- Any personal information that you provide to World of Cruising and Luxury Travel Ltd will be treated in accordance with current UK Data Protection legislation, and will not be disclosed to a third party without your consent.
- Validity of the prize cannot be extended.
- Saga plc cannot be responsible for the unforeseen cancellation of the holiday due to circumstances beyond our control.
- Terms and conditions apply. No purchase necessary.
- Saga plc reserves the right to substitute an alternative cruise of a similar value due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- The holiday is ABTA and ATOL protected. Saga plc full terms and conditions apply.
- The winner will be chosen completely at random.
- Third party entries are not allowed and any entry that is deemed to be entered by a third party will be disqualified. Unless permission has been given otherwise when entering the prize draw, all previously unknown data to the promoters will be used solely for the purposes of the prize draw entered and correspondence immediately associated with it.
- The last day for competition entries is 31st October 2017.
- By entering the competition, the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Saga Holidays and World of Cruising may require.
- All passengers must hold current EU passports.
- Optional travel insurance is not included. It is a condition of travel that you are adequately insured.
- This holiday is subject to Saga’s booking conditions.
- Saga Holidays reserves the right to publish the winner’s photograph, name and home country in post event publicity.
- Prize is subject to availability, capacity controlled, non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. There is no cash or other alternatives in whole or in part in exchange for the prize. Saga plc reserves the right at its sole discretion to substitute an alternative prize of similar value.
- From time to time, World of Cruising may enable specially chosen third party partners to mail or email you with relevant information regarding products, services and special offers that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive these mailings, please tick here:yes
- World of Cruising reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. World of Cruising may also create rules which will apply to a specific competition only. If we do this we will publish the amended competition rules and/or specific competition rules on the relevant competition page.
- The judge’s decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.