Uncover the hidden treasures of Venice and encounter unforgettable sights on this once-in-a-lifetime odyssey around the “Queen of the Adriatic”.
Begin your cruise boarding Uniworld’s luxurious River Countess ship, where you will be treated to both world-class cuisine – expertly prepared using the ﬁnest, freshest ingredients – and unlimited beverages, including ﬁne wine, beers and spirits. This recently remodelled river ship showcases a variety of well-appointed relaxation areas, including a spa, sun deck, lounge and full-service bar. With a capacity of only 130 guests, River Countess offers all-inclusive luxury, unsurpassed comfort and impeccable service from butlers trained to meet the same high standards set at Buckingham Palace.
The ﬁrst full day of exploration starts with a delightful walking tour through Venice’s labyrinthine back lanes, revealing a close-
up view of the city’s residential heart, the legendary Doge’s Palace, and the iconic Rialto Bridge. Learn about the time-honoured Venetian tradition of Murano glassmaking from a skilled glassmaker’s demonstration at the Arti Veneziane alla Giudecca Glass Factory. You will then venture inside St Mark’s Basilica once it is closed to the public, for an exclusive after-hours lighting ceremony, before returning to the ship for a Captain’s Welcome Reception and Gala Dinner.
Whether you choose to embark on a walking discovery tour in Padua or Chioggia, or alternatively opt for an exclusive “Go Active” guided bike tour, cycling along Chioggia’s beaches, there will be many magniﬁcent views to admire. Padua is one of the oldest cities in Northern Italy and home to an ancient university (established in 1222), with frescoes by Giotto in its Scrovegni Chapel, and the vast Basilica of St Anthony – a pilgrimage site dating back to the 13th century. Meanwhile, a walking tour through slow-paced Chioggia will uncover delightful insights into this quaint ﬁshing port, located inside the Venetian lagoon.
Food-lovers will be in their element in Bologna, with its unrivalled speciality shops and markets selling locally made mortadella and tortellini, delicious Parma ham and immense rounds of Parmesan cheese.
If your interests lie with the arts, you can instead opt to spend the morning in Ferrara. This culturally signiﬁcant town has a multitude of 14th and 15th-century palaces, and a long history of art linked with the noble Renaissance family of d’Este, making it a revered UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The next day of your cruise will ensure you see the colourful ﬁshing village of Chioggia in all its glory. Embrace the bustle of the ﬁsh market, where an expert guide will give you a ﬂavour of local life and share the secrets behind Italy’s famed frutti di mare.
Next comes “The Magical Islands of Venice”, a full day spent discovering Venice Lagoon, with its captivating islands. Stroll around Burano, with its rainbow of colourful homes, and visit a lace-making atelier. On Mazzorbo, you can unwind with a very special wine tasting featuring the unique local Dorona grape, which yields a luscious golden wine.
The ﬁnal full day of your adventure offers two options. One choice is to join an exclusive “Do as the Locals Do” Venice walking tour, to get a feel for daily life in Venice while strolling through the vibrant Rialto Market with a skilled guide. The other option is to tour the renowned Accademia Gallery with an expert art historian, on the “Venetian Painters at the Accademia” tour.
Your cruise concludes with complimentary transfers to Venice Marco Polo International Airport for your ﬂight home.
For your chance to win this cruise, tell us:
Which of the Venice Lagoon islands boasts brightly coloured homes?
Terms & Conditions
- To enter this competition, you must be: (a) UK resident; and (b) 21 years old or over at the time of the Venice & the Gems of Northern Italy cruise in 2017.
- Prize is based on a Category 3 stateroom, twin share.
- Full Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection booking conditions apply.
- Only one entry per individual will be counted.
- Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection or any subsidiary of Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection, or of World of Cruising and Luxury Travel Ltd and its subsidiary companies
- Any personal information that you provide to World of Cruising and Luxury Travel Ltd will be treated in accordance with current UK Data Protection legislation, and will not be disclosed to a third party without your consent.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection reserves the right to alter the terms of this competition (including the prize) without prior notice in the event that unforeseen circumstances make this unavoidable.
- No purchase necessary.
- Free cruise must be booked by 30th June 2017 and must take place during the calendar year 2017, excluding travel during the following blackout periods: June and 1st September through 15th October.
- The airline, cruise itinerary and sail dates are subject to change and availability. Full Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection booking conditions apply.
- The winner will be chosen completely at random.
- Flights are not included.
- Third party entries are not allowed and any entry that is deemed to be entered by a third party will be disqualified. Unless permission has been given otherwise when entering the prize draw, all previously unknown data to the promoters will be used solely for the purposes of the prize draw entered and correspondence immediately associated with it.
- The last day for competition entries is 31st May 2017
- By entering the competition, the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection and World of Cruising may require.
- Prize is subject to availability, capacity controlled, non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. There is no cash or other alternatives in whole or in part in exchange for the prize. Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection reserves the right at its sole discretion to substitute an alternative prize of similar value.
- From time to time, World of Cruising may enable specially chosen third party partners to mail or email you with relevant information regarding products, services and special offers that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive these mailings, please tick here:yes
- World of Cruising reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. World of Cruising may also create rules which will apply to a specific competition only. If we do this we will publish the amended competition rules and/or specific competition rules on the relevant competition page.
- The judge’s decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.