Take the slow boat to China – Savour the rich history and amazing landscapes of the world’s most fascinating country – and travel in unrivalled comfort with Viking River Cruises and British Airways.
There is no other place on earth quite like China. Impossibly huge and fascinatingly diverse, it offers travellers a unique glimpse into a 5,000- year-old past, a dynamic present and an undeniably exciting future.
A country where ancient temples and palaces share the skyline with high-rises straight from the scenes of a sci-fi movie. Where you can stare into the faces of a 6,000-strong army of Terracotta Warriors and walk along the world’s most famous wall. Where you can visit a Forbidden City and remember the unadulterated joy of staring out across a perfectly silent, natural landscape, untouched by time.
On a Viking river cruise we will show you the most iconic cities, introduce you to the most dramatic landscapes and immerse you in glorious history and traditions. Our guided excursions and enriching on-board talks and demonstrations will take you beyond the sights to give you a greater understanding of this magnificent nation.
Flying in Style – and comfort
When you choose to travel with Viking you know you’re in good company. So it stands to reason that Viking choose flight partners who not only respect their values and high standards, but who share them, too. And that’s where British Airways comes in. As Viking River Cruises’ preferred partner, British Airways offers a superior scheduled airline service. Enjoy the comfort of contoured leather seats with generous leg room, complimentary drinks and snacks on every flight, along with complimentary newspapers on most. And a generous allowance of two hand bags and a checked bag means you’ll have plenty of space for everything you want to bring with you. So just sit back and look forward to the journey ahead.
15-day Imperial Jewels of China journey includes:
- 7 days on board Viking Emerald in a Veranda Stateroom.
- Return travel from the UK with BA.
- 2 nights’ hotel stay in Shanghai (Westin, Ritz-Carlton Portman or Jing An Shangri-La); 2 nights in Xian (Hilton or Crowne Plaza); 3 nights in Beijing (Kerry, Regent Beijing, Ritz-Carlton or similar).
- 11 guided tours with audio headset.
- All meals, including 13 breakfasts, 12 lunches and 12 dinners, featuring regional specialities with select meals at local restaurants, plus Welcome Cocktail Reception & Dinner.
- Complimentary wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner on board.
- Visits to 3 UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Internal flights and all port charges.
- Culture Curriculum including Hubei Bells recital; lectures on the Yangtze, Three Gorges Dam & current affairs; Chinese Tea Ceremony. You can also learn a few Chinese words and hone your skills at mahjong and tai chi.
For your chance to win, answer this question:
What is the capital of China?
This competition is now closed