Coronavirus Travel: Government Reveals List Of 59 Quarantine-Free Countries
From 10 July, travellers won’t have to quarantine when visiting these countries
At the peak of the coronavirus, the idea of a summer holiday seemed almost impossible, with travel bans and two-week quarantine plans hindering any chance of a beachy escape.
However, things could be looking up, as the government has finally released its list of 59 countries that Britons can now travel to without having to quarantine.
The list was confirmed today (3 July) and includes 59 countries and territories around the world.
This means Brits will now have to quarantine for two weeks upon arrival in these countries, and will not have to quarantine for two weeks upon return to England.
People arriving in England by train, ferry, coach, air or any other transport from these countries won’t have to quarantine, but those who have passed through countries not on the list will have to still complete the two weeks of self-isolation. The same goes for travel to countries that have not been included on the list.
The new agreement will come into effect from 10 July, meaning travellers from England might still manage to get a summer holiday in 2020, despite the coronavirus pandemic.
The rule will also remain in place in Northern Ireland for visitors arriving from outside of the UK and the Republic of Ireland.
The restrictions came into place in early June in a bid to stop coronavirus entering the country as the number of cases was falling.
Scotland and Wales have not yet agreed to the travel corridor, meaning it does not apply to those residing in these countries. The rule also remains in place in Northern Ireland.
The places on the list include:
Antigua and Barbuda
Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba
St Kitts and Nevis
St Pierre and Miquelon
Trinidad and Tobago
Time to get planning that socially distanced road trip…
- 21 nights, departs on the 02 Oct 2022
- UNIWORLD Boutique River Cruises, S.S. Bon Voyage
- Bordeaux, Blaye, Pauillac, + 19 more
- 14 nights, departs on the 09 Oct 2022
- UNIWORLD Boutique River Cruises, S.S. Joie de Vivre
- Paris, Vernon, Rouen, + 12 more
Burgundy & Provence
- 7 nights, departs on the 16 Oct 2022
- UNIWORLD Boutique River Cruises, S.S. Catherine
- Lyon, Mâcon, Lyon, + 5 more
3 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day Cruise
- 3 nights, departs on the 15 Apr 2022
- Royal Caribbean International, Independence of the Seas
- Port Canaveral, Florida, Coco Cay, Nassau, + 1 more
7 Night Galapagos Northern Loop Cruise
- 7 nights, departs on the 06 Nov 2021
- Celebrity Cruises, Celebrity Xploration
- Baltra Island, Galápagos, Black Turtle Cove, Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos, Sullivan Bay, Santiago Island, Galápagos, + 12 more