Win a Stunning Polar Cruise Photography Book
The perfect coffee table piece, the book features incredible photography, maps and vintage travel posters
The world’s polar regions are some of the most in-demand places to cruise.
If you’re not lucky enough to be going on a polar cruise just yet, get in the mood with Christopher Wright’s stunning new book, Of Penguins and Polar Bears: A History of Cold Water Cruising.
Drawing on expert research, Of Penguins and Polar Bears seeks to rectify the lack of written accounts about cruising and exploring polar waters (which has been taking place since the 19th century), and looks at activity in both the Antarctic and Arctic waters – the icy homes of the penguins and the polar bears – to provide insight into how the passenger trades developed in these regions.
Packed with stunning photography, the book also features maps, vintage travel posters and accounts from past and present polar visitors.
For travel inspiration, escapism to a world of icy landscapes and fascinating wildlife or even just as a coffee table piece, the book is as intriguing as it is visually stunning.
We have got three copies of this book up for grabs, so enter below to be in with a chance of winning.
Select CountryUnited KingdomUnited StatesAustraliaAustriaBelgiumCyprusCzech RepublicDenmarkFranceGermanyIrelandItalyNorwayPortugalSpainSwedenSwitzerland--------------------------AfghanistanAlbaniaAlgeriaAmerican SamoaAndorraAngolaAnguillaAntigua and BarbudaArgentinaArmeniaArubaAzerbaijanBahamasBahrainBangladeshBarbadosBelarusBelizeBeninBermudaBhutanBoliviaBosnia-HerzegovinaBotswanaBouvet IslandBrazilBruneiBulgariaBurkina FasoBurundiCambodiaCameroonCanadaCape VerdeCayman IslandsCentral African RepublicChadChileChinaChristmas IslandCocos (Keeling) IslandsColombiaComorosCongo, Democratic Republic of the (Zaire)Congo, Republic ofCook IslandsCosta RicaCroatiaCubaCyprusCzech RepublicDjiboutiDominicaDominican RepublicEcuadorEgyptEl SalvadorEquatorial GuineaEritreaEstoniaEthiopiaFalkland IslandsFaroe IslandsFijiFinlandFrench GuianaGabonGambiaGeorgiaGhanaGibraltarGreeceGreenlandGrenadaGuadeloupe (French)Guam (USA)GuatemalaGuineaGuinea BissauGuyanaHaitiHoly SeeHondurasHong KongHungaryIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIranIraqIsraelIvory Coast (Cote D`Ivoire)JamaicaJapanJordanKazakhstanKenyaKiribatiKuwaitKyrgyzstanLaosLatviaLebanonLesothoLiberiaLibyaLiechtensteinLithuaniaLuxembourgMacauMacedoniaMadagascarMalawiMalaysiaMaldivesMaliMaltaMarshall IslandsMartinique (French)MauritaniaMauritiusMayotteMexicoMicronesiaMoldovaMonacoMongoliaMontenegroMontserratMoroccoMozambiqueMyanmarNamibiaNauruNepalNetherlandsNetherlands AntillesNew Caledonia (French)New ZealandNicaraguaNigerNigeriaNiueNorfolk IslandNorth KoreaNorthern Mariana IslandsOmanPakistanPalauPanamaPapua New GuineaParaguayPeruPhilippinesPitcairn IslandPolandPolynesia (French)Puerto RicoQatarReunionRomaniaRussiaRwandaSaint HelenaSaint Kitts and NevisSaint LuciaSaint Pierre and MiquelonSaint Vincent and GrenadinesSamoaSan MarinoSao Tome and PrincipeSaudi ArabiaSenegalSerbiaSeychellesSierra LeoneSingaporeSlovakiaSloveniaSolomon IslandsSomaliaSouth AfricaSouth Georgia and South Sandwich IslandsSouth KoreaSouth SudanSri LankaSudanSurinameSvalbard and Jan Mayen IslandsSwazilandSyriaTaiwanTajikistanTanzaniaThailandTimor-Leste (East Timor)TogoTokelauTongaTrinidad and TobagoTunisiaTurkeyTurkmenistanTurks and Caicos IslandsTuvaluUgandaUkraineUnited Arab EmiratesUruguayUzbekistanVanuatuVenezuelaVietnamVirgin IslandsWallis and Futuna IslandsYemenZambiaZimbabwe
HotelCottage / Apartment / VillaAll InclusiveActivity BasedPackage HolidayEscorted TourCity BreakSpa / RelaxationCamping/Caravanning
Please select£0 to £1500£1501 to £2500£2501 to £3000£3001 to £3500£3501+
Please selectOnceTwiceThree or more
If agent do you have a preferred agent? Please specify
AmadeusAMA WaterwaysAmerican Queen Steamboat CompanyA-RosaAPTAvalon WaterwaysAzamaraBelmondCarnival CruisesCelebrityCelestyalCostaCroisi EuropeCruise & Maritime VoyagesCrystal CruisesCunard LineDisney Cruise LineEmerald WaterwaysEuropean WaterwaysFred.OlsenG AdventuresHapag-LloydHebridean Island CruisesHolland America LineHurtigrutenMSCNorwegian Cruise LineNoble CaledoniaOceaniaP&O CruisesPaukanPaul Gauguin CruisesPonantPrincessRegent Seven SeasRivieraRoyal CaribbeanSaga CruisesSeabournSeadream Yacht ClubScenicShearingsSilverseaStar ClippersTauckTitanThe River Cruise LineMarella Cruises (formerly Thomson)UniworldVantageVariety CruisesVikingVoyages to AntiquityWendy Wu ToursWindstar
Please leave this field empty.
CulturalRiverOceanAdventure/ExpeditionLuxuryFamilySmall ship cruising
Around Britain & IrelandAsiaAustralia/New Zealand & South PacificCaribbeanGulf states and Middle EastMediterraneanNorth America, Canada & AlaskaNorthern Europe/Baltic/ScandinaviaSouthern EuropeSouth America & Antarctica
Terms & Conditions
1. The competition is open to World of Cruising readers over 18yrs only.
2. Open to UK residents only.
3. World of Cruising staff is not permitted to enter.
4. The prize is as described, is not transferable and there is no cash alternative.
5. The prize is subject to availability.
6. Only one entry per person.
7. The winner may be required to take part in publicity resulting from the prize draw.
8. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. Entry into the competition assumes acceptance of the rules.
10. All entries must be received by the closing date.
11. Closing date: Midnight 29 March 2020.
7 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise
- 7 nights, departs on the 21 Nov 2021
- Royal Caribbean International, Explorer of the Seas
- San Juan, Charlotte Amalie, Saint Croix Island, + 5 more
British Isles Explorer
- 14 nights, departs on the 03 Jun 2022
- Viking Ocean Cruises, Viking Venus
- Bergen, Bergen, Lerwick, Shetland Islands, + 12 more
- 14 nights, departs on the 26 Jul 2022
- Viking Ocean Cruises, Viking Star
- Bergen, Bergen, Eidfjord, + 12 more
Classic Panama Canal Passage
- 10 nights, departs on the 06 Nov 2021
- Viking Ocean Cruises, Viking Star
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Key West, Florida, , + 8 more
- 10 nights, departs on the 12 Apr 2022
- MSC Cruises, MSC Virtuosa
- Singapore, Singapore, Shekou Pt, + 3 more