Princess Cruises has revealed that names from across the world of royalty, entertainment, politics and sport will speak on Crown Princess, one of its Southampton-based ships for this spring and summer.
Crown Princess will sail to the Mediterranean and northern Europe from April to September 2017 on seven and 14-night cruises.
The line-up is the first time Princess has introduced a speaker programme on one of its UK ships. It forms part of Princess’ Encounters with Discovery speaker series and comprises the following:
· Katie Nicholl (Royal correspondent and commentator), on a 14-night Mediterranean cruise, departs April 22
· Beverley Callard (actress, Liz McDonald in Coronation Street), on a 7-night Spain & France cruise, departs May 6
· Harry Redknapp (former footballer and manager), on two 14-night Mediterranean cruises, departing April 22 and May 13
· Graham Gooch OBE (former England cricket captain), on a 7-night Scandinavia cruise, departs May 27
· Peter Shilton OBE (former England goalkeeper and football manager), on a 14-night North Cape and Norwegian Fjords cruise, departs June 17
· John Virgo (former snooker player, current snooker commentator), on a 7-night Norwegian Fjords cruise, departs July 1
· Terry Butcher (former England captain and football manager), on a 14-night Baltic cruise, departs July 8
· Paul Burrell RVM (butler to Diana, Princess of Wales), on a 7-night Norwegian Fjords cruise, departs July 22
· Mike Gatting OBE (former England cricket captain), on a 14-night Mediterranean cruise, departs July 29
· Sherrie Hewson (actor, presenter, broadcaster and novelist), on a 14-night North Cape and Norwegian Fjords cruise, departs August 12
· Edwina Currie (former MP. Novelist and broadcaster), on a 7-night Scandinavia cruise, departs August 26
Each speaker will host a 45-minute talk with questions and answers, as well as a meet and greet session including photographs and book signings. Additionally some speakers will be judges on ‘The Voice of the Ocean’, an onboard singing competition for guests, which is based on ITV’s ‘The Voice’.
Tony Roberts, Princess Cruises’ vice president UK and Europe, said: “We’re thrilled to announce such a prominent group of speakers, who will further enhance the onboard activities and events for our guests on Crown Princess. To be able to bring such well-known figures onboard is a real privilege.
“Crown Princess is beginning to sell out its Southampton-based cruises, so if you’d like to see one of our speakers in person, all from the comfort of one of our premium ships, now is the time to book your summer holiday sailing.
“We will also announce additional developments to the entertainment schedule on Crown Princess later this month. Watch this space as we prepare to host our biggest and most diverse onboard programme ever for a UK-based ship.”
The Encounters with Discovery speaker series is part of Princess’ Discovery at Sea partnership with Discovery Communications. The series includes a wide range of speakers who are experts in their field and aim to educate, inspire and entertain.
For more information call 0843 373 0333 or visit www.princess.com