The world’s polar regions are some of the most in-demand places to cruise.
If you’re not lucky enough to be going on a polar cruise just yet, get in the mood with Christopher Wright’s stunning new book, Of Penguins and Polar Bears: A History of Cold Water Cruising.
Drawing on expert research, Of Penguins and Polar Bears seeks to rectify the lack of written accounts about cruising and exploring polar waters (which has been taking place since the 19th century), and looks at activity in both the Antarctic and Arctic waters – the icy homes of the penguins and the polar bears – to provide insight into how the passenger trades developed in these regions.
Packed with stunning photography, the book also features maps, vintage travel posters and accounts from past and present polar visitors.
For travel inspiration, escapism to a world of icy landscapes and fascinating wildlife or even just as a coffee table piece, the book is as intriguing as it is visually stunning.
We have got three copies of this book up for grabs, so enter below to be in with a chance of winning.
Terms & Conditions
1. The competition is open to World of Cruising readers over 18yrs only.
2. Open to UK residents only.
3. World of Cruising staff is not permitted to enter.
4. The prize is as described, is not transferable and there is no cash alternative.
5. The prize is subject to availability.
6. Only one entry per person.
7. The winner may be required to take part in publicity resulting from the prize draw.
8. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. Entry into the competition assumes acceptance of the rules.
10. All entries must be received by the closing date.
11. Closing date: Midnight 29 March 2020.