Fred. Olsen to offer river cruises aboard Braemar in 2016
Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines has announced that their 929-guest ship Braemar will be based in Southampton for a six-month cruise season, from May to November in 2016, and that it will also offer a series of river cruises. Throughout 2016 Braemar is scheduled to call into European destinations including Seville, Spain, and Rouen, France, where
Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines has announced that their 929-guest ship Braemar will be based in Southampton for a six-month cruise season, from May to November in 2016, and that it will also offer a series of river cruises.
Throughout 2016 Braemar is scheduled to call into European destinations including Seville, Spain, and Rouen, France, where the ship can cruise right into the heart of destinations and along stunning rivers and waterways thanks to its shorter and shallower draft.
Highlights from Fred. Olsen’s 2016 River Cruises schedule include:
- The 10-night German Waterways cruise will depart Southampton on 26 June and head to Flensburg. Braemar will cruise past Germany’s only fjord, before docking close to the heart of this bustling and vibrant city. Braemar will then move onwards to Travemünde, for trips into Lübeck. After cruising along the Trave River and passing through the Kiel Canal, guests will arrive in Hamburg, for two nights. Next, Braemar will cruise along the River Elbe and the River Weser, before arriving in Bremen in Germany, famous for its beer, breweries and traditional pubs. The ship will then return back to the port of Southampton. Prices start from £1,199 per person based on two adults sharing a twin, inside cabin.
- The 14-night Rivers of Spain & France cruise will depart Southampton on 16 July, cruise along the Guadalquivir River and head into the very heart of Seville in Spain, for an overnight stay. Next, guests will head to Lisbon, Portugal, before moving onto Avilés, Spain. Braemar will then cruise along the Gironde and Garonne Rivers, before arriving in Bordeaux, in France, for another overnight stay. A cruise along the River Seine will transport guests to Rouen, one of France’s most historic cities for another overnight stay. From here a short sailing across the English Channel will see guests head back to Southampton. Prices start from £1,599 per person based on two adults sharing a twin, inside cabin.
Nathan Philpot, Sales and Marketing Director for Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, said: “When we say that our fleet of smaller-sized ships can take you places that others can’t, we really mean it. All of our unique cruise itineraries have been expertly planned to make the most of our size advantage, docking closer to the centre of some of the world’s most beautiful cities, with scenic cruising of rivers, canals, lochs and fjords along the way! Plus, we are offering even more overnight stays, so that guests can make the most of their time in the destinations.”
Yves le Clerc, Director of Rouen Valley Seine Tourism, said: “Whilst we are proud of our city and its heritage, we also believe that our river is a destination in itself. Fred. Olsen’s guests can be assured of some really special views along the way, in what is a spectacular journey for a ship the size of Braemar. That is why we are delighted that Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines is offering this very unique cruise next year.”
(Photo credit to Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines)
7-Day Caribbean Round-trip San Juan: Curacao, Aruba & St. Lucia
- 7 nights, departs on the 20 Feb 2022
- Norwegian Cruise Line, Norwegian Epic
- San Juan, Oranjestad, Willemstad, + 4 more
- 14 nights, departs on the 08 May 2022
- UNIWORLD Boutique River Cruises, S.S. Joie de Vivre
- Paris, Vernon, Rouen, + 12 more
Melodies of the Danube
- 7 nights, departs on the 13 Sept 2021
- AmaWaterways, AmaLea
- Budapest, Budapest, Bratislava, + 8 more
- 7 nights, departs on the 30 May 2022
- Crystal Cruises, Crystal Debussy
- Basel, Strasbourg, Mannheim, + 6 more
Southern Caribbean from Port Canaveral (Orlando), Fl
- 8 nights, departs on the 28 Jan 2023
- Carnival Cruise Lines, Carnival Magic
- Port Canaveral, Florida, Amber Cover, La Romana, + 3 more